Many business brokers have come to IBA as accountants, attorneys, successful entrepreneurs, and some are even former clients. Buyers of businesses also find the business brokerage attractive because the life of a business broker is similar to business ownership.
Our top producers earn substantial six-figure incomes, and in this economic climate, it is a great time to be a business broker. We provide training and mentoring to ensure that you have the greatest chance of success. There is very little attrition in our practice as this position offers a lifelong career opportunity that offers flexible hours. If you like to help people, are self-motivated, results-driven, an excellent communicator, and a strong leader, this opportunity might be right. Preferred candidates are proven top performers (minimum five years’ experience) in executive-level sales, business ownership and/or business development.
- Source and secure engagement agreements with business owners through networking, direct marketing, and various forms of contact.
- Evaluate a business from a financial and operational perspective to develop an opinion of market value.
- Once an engagement agreement is executed, brokers will market the business via IBA’s print, digital, and online sources with the assistance of the broker support team.
- Screen, develop and work with potential business buyers for the firm’s businesses actively marketed for sale.
- Work with sellers, buyers, bankers, accountants, attorneys, and landlords in the negotiation process and ensure successful transaction completion.
- Former business owners, sales professionals, or have come from transaction-oriented industries.
- Possess strong sales, negotiation, management, or finance experience and are known to be persistent and resilient.